Each spring I gear up for my extremely busy high school senior and wedding seasons knowing that they will be filled with late nights, long weekends and many hours on the computer. With the turning of the seasons, I consistently receive multiple requests from high school and college students as well as graduates asking to join my studio for job shadowing or internships to further their photography education and business skills. What an honor to be admired and trusted enough to share my knowledge and business practices with you!! Thank you!!
Not only does an internship benefit the student, but it also benefits me as well. While you will be receiving direct experience in shooting and directing an all-day wedding, posing couples and families, building and designing wedding albums, managing accounting software and so much more….I will be receiving help with crowd control, equipment assistance, social media management, product design and ordering, companionship and so much more!!
The internship is not a paid position, although there may be opportunities for compensation later in the summer if approached and discussed. The internship program is 6 months running from March 15th-September 15th. During that time, we will shoot approximately 8 weddings, 15 high school seniors and a handful of other miscellaneous sessions. You are not required to make all sessions, but the weddings are extremely important that you can make at least 90% of them.
If you are interested in being considered as an internship candidate, please read the below qualifications and expectations.
- Reliable and punctual
- Have impeccable personal hygiene and professional attire/presence
- Must love interacting with people and posses a friendly and outgoing personality
- Available most Saturdays and some weekdays or weeknights
- Able to carry approximately 35lbs for extended amounts of time
- Able to withstand walking and being on feet for anywhere from 5-10 hours at a time
- Have own reliable transportation
- Have a genuine interest and passion for portrait/event photography
- Knowledge in Adobe Lightroom
- Knowledge in Photoshop (Layers, Text and general transforming objects)
- Practices proper email etiquette and possesses good writing skills
- Have at least 2 years of experience photographing people
- Have taken at least 1 class/course in photography
- Knowledge in operating strobes or speedlights
If you feel you meet these, please email me a cover letter describing why you would make a great addition to Crystal Madsen Photography along with a resume and 3 references (not family members) with contact information.